Learn how to navigate and prioritize cloud-based firewalls in AWS.
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Time: 11:00 AM PT, 2:00 PM ET
Length: 60 minutes
This webinar will provide guidance on the key issues to consider when choosing next-generation firewall/threat prevention solutions for integration on the AWS platform and suggest a process for making that important decision.
Attendees will learn:
- Cloud design considerations affecting the selection and use of next-generation firewalls and threat protection capabilities
- Needs and capabilities associated with firewalls and threat prevention capabilities, including intrusion prevention, antivirus, logging and alerting, event correlation, continuous dynamic updating of threat databases and malware protection
- Key business, technical and operational considerations for cloud-based firewall protection
- Key AWS-specific considerations for perimeter security that address firewalls and threat prevention
- Process for making an informed decision about products to integrate
About the SANS presenter:
Brian Russell, chair of the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Internet of Things (IoT), is founder and CTO at TrustThink, LLC, where he leads cybersecurity projects for connected systems. Previously he served as chief engineer for Cyber Security solutions at Leidos, where he led the development of high assurance cryptographic key management systems for the Department of Defense, security engineering for unmanned aircraft systems and connected vehicles, and defining the cybersecurity strategy for Leidos’ $2B Advanced Solutions Group.
About the Optiv presenter:
Anthony Tanzi has more than 20 years’ experience in the networking and network security space. As a Partner Architect focused on Palo Alto Networks, Tanzi is responsible for Optiv’s pre-sales enablement and support to accelerate growth between Palo Alto Networks and Optiv in existing and new markets across the U.S. and Canada. He is also focused on supporting Optiv’s post sale implementation team and working with marketing on Palo Alto specific campaigns.