UCLA Anderson Venture Accelerator’s 2018 Winter Showcase Wednesday November 7, 2018. Executive Dining Room in the Anderson complex 110 Westwood Plaza.
This showcase will feature ten student teams who will present their startup concepts and then be available for questions and demonstrations.
- Six of the teams have women founders
- All teams are comprised of current students or alumni from Anderson’s full-time, fully employed and executive MBA programs
- Students from around the globe: Argentina, Asia, Chile, India, Israel and Russia
- One team was founded by a military veteran
These companies earned a spot in the UCLA Anderson Venture Accelerator showcase by winning a pitch off. They are the best companies for the semi-annual cohort period that have met a minimum viable product (MVP).
Companies that are chosen to pitch at the showcase will graduate to equity investing accelerators, receive pre-seed funding, or self-fund.
- BruxA [MBA current; Chile] A smart nightguard that protects teeth while gathering data on behaviors that affect sleep bruxism. Users are able to track the effectiveness of treatments recommended to reduce sleep bruxism with the goal of improving sleep quality.
- EvalueMe [EMBA current; woman founder; Israel] An enterprise SaaS plug-in for existing human capital management suites. EvalueMe’s software uses Artificial Intelligence to coach employees on writing unbiased performance reviews.
- iGPS Watch [EMBA current; Veteran] Aims to balance a child’s independence with providing parents peace of mind. iGPS Watch manufactures and distributes GPS enabled, feature-rich smartwatches for children that allow parents to communicate, locate, and monitor their kids to ensure 24/7 safety.
- Aqua [MBA current; woman founder; India] Is evolving the manufacturing of electronic pipettes for use in medical labs. Aqua competes with lower costs, ease of use, channel distribution, and higher performance.
- MiVUE [FEMBA current; woman founder; Asia] Is a digital ear monitor designed specifically for parents to use at home. The MiVUE app enables telemedicine and symptom tracking and provides educational content for parents. The solution empowers parents to communicate better with their child’s pediatrician and monitor ear, nose, and throat (ENT) symptoms safely in the home.
- Panoramic Aerospace [FEMBA current; woman founder; Asia] Is a drone that provides aerial surveillance solutions for businesses and public agencies. These drones specialize in vertical takeoff and landings, solving a need in emergency fire-fighting applications.
- PredictEV [FEMBA alumni] Helps fans engage with sports betting in a risk-free and approachable way. PredictEV’s blockchain technology supports live, in-game predictions with conversational chat, as well as in-depth pre-game analysis.
- Riders Share [MBA current; Argentina] Is the Airbnb of motorcycles. It connects unused bikes with vetted riders that want to rent them. More than 2,000 motorcycles have been listed on the platform since the launch in February 2018.
- Split Decision [MBA current; woman founder; Asian] Combines coffee cold brewed from premium beans roasted in-house with a variety of unexpected and delicious ingredients, such as tea, hops, and peanut butter.
For more information contact: Elise Anderson – firstname.lastname@example.org – 310-206-7537